We accept photography submissions to our digital magazine year round. In order to be considered for the print publication, you need to submit to the digital magazine first.
We have some simple guidelines for you to follow in order to be considered:
- Any photographer is eligible to submit work, but preference will be given to midwest based artists.
- We are specifically interested in fashion editorials, beauty editorials and creative portrait series. We would like to see at least 5 different looks for fashion and beauty editorials. Whatever you submit needs to be a thematic story that has a clear common theme. Please click on links above to see examples of the types of photography stories we accept. Please DO NOT send in an assortment of random images that have nothing to do with one another.
- Limit your submission to no more than 15 images.
- Submit low resolution .jpeg files only. Images should be 2000px on the long side and not any bigger. They should be cropped at the same aspect ration as one another. No watermarks, or borders.
- Share images through dropbox or wetransfer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a shareable link.
- Include at least 2 options for a header image. Images need to be horizontal format in 2:1 ratio.
- Include a complete crew and talent list with the images, along with links to everyone’s websites and/or insta handles.
- We will respond with acceptance within 10 business days. If you don’t hear anything, assume that your submission was not accepted.
Copyright info: By submitting photos PATTERN, you are stipulating to us that you own copyright to these photographs or have permission from the copyright holder to submit these photographs. You are granting PATTERN a non-exclusive license to use the photographs in their submitted form, subject to re-sizing to fit the web/print format, for as long as the organization exists. Works published in our digital or print magazine are protected under domestic and international copyright laws and are not considered to be public domain.