[dropcap letter=”T”]he holidays are in full swing and we’re so ready for a break after one heck of a year! Still on the lookout for the perfect gift? Our fellows wanted to highlight some of their favorite fashion, art, and phone accessory finds. Keep reading to see what our styling, digital content, and social media experts had to suggest!
PATTERN’s Styling Fellow
- Fashion Stylist Handbook – This book is perfect for the emerging wardrobe stylist who is trying to better understand the details of their future career. The book covers topics from what to put in your style kit to creating a portfolio.
- Label – Returns are the not so fun portion of styling so to alleviate the pain of repackaging garments, this label maker is more than necessary.
- Telfar Bag – Perfect for an everyday fashionista that supports small businesses and cares about the world they live in. Telfar is a small black owned business that produces vegan bags of three sizes: small, medium and large! They tend to sell out in minutes so you have to be quick when purchasing.
- Brita Waterbottle – Great for on the go! While at your gigs you can be sure to stay hydrated with filtered water bottle that you can even fill with tap water.
- Gwendolyn Hanging Garment Bag – This quality reusable garment bag is spacious and perfect for storing several looks, either for personal use or for a shoot.
PATTERN’s Digital Content Fellow + Artist
- Mini Sewing Machine – Sustainability is so huge right now, a mini sewing machine or a sewing kit will not only help a friend, but the environment! Ever lose a button or see old clothes in your closet that could easily be sewn into something new, well that’s the story of my life. A mini sewing machine is perfect for turning old rags into riches!
- A Cat – I want a fur baby, but I’m not a motherly kinda gal. I’m always on the go and I just want a sweet furry friend to come home to. Cats are loving, independent and intuitive. This gift would be great for a friend that could use some company, but in a low level commitment kind of way.
- Floor Easel – Perfect for an everyday fashionista that supports small businesses and cares about the world they live in. Telfar is a small black owned business that produces vegan bags of three sizes: small, medium and large! They tend to sell out in minutes so you have to be quick when purchasing.
- Golden Acrylic Paint Set – There are a lot of great paint brands out there, but my favorite at the moment is Golden, their acrylic paint spreads well on canvas and delivers a nice smooth finish. I find it easy to blend and manipulate. Depending on what medium the artist prefers or skill level the artist is at, this brand preference might not be ideal. However if you’re looking for good quality, yet affordable acrylic paint, Golden is the way to go.
- Coffee Maker – This quality reusable garment bag is spacious and perfect for storing several looks, either for personal use or for a shoot.
PATTERN’s Social Media Fellow
- Making It In Manhattan – Manhattan’s “It” girl Caroline Vazzana quit her editorial day job to be her own boss. She runs the blog, Making It In Manhattan, has scored numerous brand deals, and wrote a book on how to break into the fashion industry. As someone who wants to movie to NYC and work in the fashion media industry, this book is a must read for me.
- Blue Light Glasses – Now there’s some studies that show blue light glasses don’t work, but take it from someone who stares at a computer and phone screen for most of the day, these are a life saver.
- Cell Phone Camera Lens Kit – Nowadays everyone is a photographer and these lenses for your phone camera will take your gram worthy pics to the next level!
- Personalized Phone Case – I’ve started seeing these pop up and they’re so cute! For someone who lives on their phone a pretty case to keep it nice and protected. Customize it with their initials or nickname!
- Phone Tripod With Ring Light – Seeing as most of us are still stuck working at home, including several social media managers, this ring light tripod will ensure they have a stable video or photo with proper lighting for the perfect shot!