PATTERN is offering UNPAID internships for college students and recent grads for Journalism & Creative writing (with a focus on Fashion, Music and Arts), Graphic Design, Photography, Videography, Event Planning, Non-profit management/Philanthropy/Fundraising, Digital & Social Media Marketing, & Wardrobe Styling.
Read about the experiences of past interns HERE!
Upcoming internship dates: Fall 2021 ( 13 weeks, Sept 2 – December 2, 2021)
We are currently accepting Fall 2021 internships. Applications for Fall close August 20, 2021.
Requirements: (ie. non-negotiable aspects of your participation!)
- Work onsite at the PATTERN HQ (941 N. Meridian St, Downtown Indianapolis), Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30-5:30p. If you have schedule conflicts with the above days/hours, please apply when you are able to resolve those. We are unable to work around your schedule.
- Have own reliable car, laptop and smart phone (A digital SLR + at least one professional lens if applying for photography/videography internship. We have the lights.)
- 20 hours a week (16 hours onsite; 4 hours remotely or special events)
- Ability to start on the first day of the internship & miss no more than two days of internship
- Ability to attend/participate in events happening on weekends and in the evenings
- Priority is given to college students who are rising Juniors and older.
- We do accept individuals who are not in college, on a case-by-case basis.
- This is an UNPAID internship. You will be working very hard and not getting paid. The tradeoff is that you’ll receive invaluable real-life experience. If this kind of an arrangement will cause you mental and emotional strain, this opportunity will not be a good fit for you.
At the moment we do not have any internships for high school students. We do not have any PAID positions at this time.
Please fill out the form below to be considered for an intern position, and include links to your photo, video or design portfolio, or writing samples. Your application will be automatically rejected if you forget to include links to your portfolio. If you’re not familiar with writing a cover letter, this series of articles will get you moving in the right direction.