Currently, PATTERN is offering unpaid internships for college students and recent grads for Journalism & Creative writing (with a focus on Fashion, Music and Arts), Graphic Design, Photography (with a focus on Portrait, Product, Fashion & Events), Videography, Event Planning, Project Management/Leadership, Non-profit management/Philanthropy/Fundraising, Digital & Social Media, & Fashion Merchandizing/Styling/Product development.
Read about the experiences of past interns HERE!
Upcoming internship dates: Summer 2021 (14 weeks, May 11 – August 19, 2021) & Fall 2021 ( 13 weeks, Sept 7 – December 2, 2021)
We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2021. Applications for summer close April 16.
Requirements: (ie. non-negotiable aspects of your participation!)
- Work onsite at the PATTERN HQ (941 N. Meridian St, Downtown Indianapolis), Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30-5:30p. If you have schedule conflicts with the above days/hours, please apply when you are able to resolve those. We are unable to work around your schedule.
- Have own reliable car, laptop and smart phone (A digital SLR + at least one professional lens if applying for photography/videography internship. We have the lights.)
- 20 hours a week (16 hours onsite; 4 hours remotely or special events)
- Ability to start on the first day of the internship & miss no more than two days of internship
- Ability to attend/participate in events happening on weekends and in the evenings
- Priority is given to college students who are rising Juniors and older.
- We do accept individuals who are not in college, on a case-by-case basis.
At the moment we do not have any internships for high school students. We do not have any PAID positions at this time.
Please fill out the form below to be considered for an intern position, and include links to your photo, video or design portfolio, or writing samples. Your application will be automatically rejected if you forget to include links to your portfolio. If you’re not familiar with writing a cover letter, this series of articles will get you moving in the right direction.