The PATTERN Creative Fellowship is a highly competitive two-year program for select candidates who are interested in gaining real hands-on work experience, building a professional network and receiving the opportunity to be exposed to the startup culture of an entrepreneurial non-profit organization.
- Part-time paid position
- Continue learning, skill building, and professional development resulting in expanded portfolio/body of work
- Build an extensive peer and alumni network
- Top-level access to Indy’s best Art Directors, Photographers, Writers, Videographers, as well as non-profit management, fundraising, and marketing professionals
- A focus on thoughtful leadership, creative problem solving and entrepreneurship through project management
- Immersion in Indy creative culture and opportunities for community engagement
- A truly inclusive environment with an organization with a proven track record of engaging a diverse audience
- A part-time paid contractor position Fellows work 20 hours/week at the PATTERN office alongside the Executive Director on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fellows also get the chance to enter unique roles through PATTERN’s Creative Services program which offers additional compensation on a project-by-project basis.
- Continued learning, skill building, and professional development resulting in expanded portfolio/body of work Fellows participate in a variety of projects that help develop understanding and skills vital to the spirit of non-profit management, entrepreneurship and business leadership. From coordinating events, to working alongside interns and Artists-in-Residence, fellows have the opportunity to engage in a vast number of tasks and projects. Previous projects have included creating print publications for the Indy500 and Zoobilation and creative services for Goodwill.
- Additional enrichment opportunities Enrichment opportunities may include entrepreneurial law classes, personal finance workshops, and strengths assessments, as well as trips to focus cities on PATTERN magazine assignments and opportunities to attend relevant conferences in Indianapolis and the Midwest.
- An extensive peer and alumni network PATTERN is highly regarded and deeply embedded in the community, providing a network base spanning almost 10 years. Current Fellows have unparalleled access to artists, musicians, designers, makers, and civic/non-profit leaders who live and work in Central Indiana.
- Top-level access to Indy’s best Art Directors, Photographers, Writers, Videographers, and marketing professionals Fellows have multiple opportunities to network with and learn from the leading forces in the Indianapolis creative community through meetups, and by participating in Creative Services projects.
- A focus on thoughtful leadership, creative problem solving and entrepreneurship through project management PATTERN Fellows have the opportunity to gain leadership experience by working with and directing PATTERN interns throughout their fellowship. Additionally, by helping to plan, execute and grow PATTERN’s fundraising initiatives like the STREETExPO and the PATTERN magazine parties, provides hands-on experience with non-profit fundraising, event planning and event marketing. This work not only builds the Fellows’ portfolio, but helps build the next generation of business and creative leaders with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
- Immersion in Indy creative culture and opportunities for community engagement Part of living life as a PATTERN Fellow is becoming immersed in Indianapolis. Fellows find themselves engaging in our city via local music, food and fashion scenes, and by supporting our community partners and sponsors.
- A truly inclusive environment with an organization with a proven track record of engaging a diverse audience PATTERN Fellows have multiple opportunities to work with people from all walks of life, and diverse backgrounds. Based on a survey of our community we conducted in 2016, the PATTERN ecosystem is 23% non-white with 30% of respondents stating that they consider themselves part of the LGBTQ community. Due to the organization’s focus on fashion, arts and culture, we naturally engage with the city’s most progressive, non-traditional and forward-thinking individuals.
Application is by invitation only.
ONLINE CONTENT & WRITING
FASHION MEDIA & STYLING
WRITING & MARKETING