Our Fall 2019 issue theme is IDENTITY!
This issue we have three photography submission categories:
Submission deadline is Monday, July 22, 2019. Accepted submissions will be notified by August 2. Please share submissions with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Naptown Native: Submit a selfie (where you take your own photo with a phone) with your name, age, occupation, insta handle and 3 words that describe you. (File requirements: hi-res jpg file that’s at least 1MB in size. Include your first and last name in the file name.)
- Analog/Film photography only: Submit 5-10 hi-res film scans of person, place, event or thing that you associate with your life in Indiana. Include your name, insta handle and/or website, along with a very short description of what each image represents. Please also include what film the images were shot on.
- Fashion Editorial: See specific submission guidelines below. We strongly encourage you (the photographer!) to review our past issues to better understand the types of fashion editorials that we look for.
Fashion Editorial Submission Requirements:
Please note, these guidelines are for PHOTOGRAPHERS & STYLISTS only. Models, makeup artists, hairdressers who are interested in being included in an editorial submission shoot, please connect with one of the local fashion/lifestyle photographers to share your interest. Fashion brands/designers interested in being included, please submit your info HERE.
- Preference is given to photographers with strong ties to or living and working in the Midwest, but all entries will be considered.
- Editorial must contain at least 5 different looks (outfits) per model. The clothing should reflect the upcoming season’s trends. As always, the images must convey a cohesive storyline, trend or concept.
- Please submit a low-res PDF with 5-10 example images along with crew credits.
- Please don’t crop the images.
Some tips to maximize your chances of being selected:
- Use professional fashion models
- Use high end fashion brands and independent designers. Feel free to mix in fast fashion brands.
- Do not use the same brand/designer for the entire shoot.
Other things to keep in mind:
If you are accepted for publication, we will ask for the following
- Files must be submitted via a Dropbox link to email@example.com. Folder must be titled: “YOUR NAME, Fall 2019,” or via WeTransfer.
- Submitted files must be retouched, uncropped, hi-res CMYK jpgs, 20 inches @300dpi or approx 8-10MB per file.
- Submission must include a complete list of crew including model agencies. Some common crew credits are as listed here for you. Please make sure what you send over looks EXACTLY like the way we have it below including the order of credits.
Photography by _____________
Photography assistant _____________
Style by _________________
Hair by _____________
Makeup by _____________
Nails by _______________
Retouched by _____________
Models: First name and first initial of last name of model (agency name)
If there were multiple people helping in any of the roles, use commas to separate their names. ie. Makeup by Sandy Patty, Marie Curie & Emma Thompson
If any of the crew/talent are being repped by a talent agency or a salon, please be sure to include that as well. ie. Hair by Tom Brown (Salon 01)
Please include the clothing credits along with the crew credits as a text editable document (word doc or text file. NO PDF files!) with your proofs. ie. in the same dropbox folder. DO NOT TEXT THE CREDITS!! The credit should list the item and the item brand, (store name where items can be purchased is optional). Please use commas (NOT DASHES OR SEMI-COLONS) to separate the item, from the brand, and the store, and start each new item on a new line.
Like this: Look 1
Mesh top, Alexander McQueen, Nordstrom
Pleated pant, Vivienne Westwood, Nordstrom
Boots, Steve Madden, Macy’sList items the model is wearing from top to bottom, starting from hats, and ending with shoes.
Very important: Rename your files to match each look credit, ie. BobSmithLook1.jpg, BobSmithLook2.jpg, BobSmithLook3.jpg. If you are submitting multiple file options for each look, then the file names should look like this:
BobSmithLook1a.jpg, BobSmithLook1b.jpg…you get the idea.
You will receive digital tears of your shoot once the magazine is launched. If you would like a hard copy of the magazine, don’t forget to include your mailing address along with the crew credit information.