We are accepting fashion photography editorial submissions for our Fall 2018 issue, The Art Issue!
You do not have to do a story that ties in with the “art” theme. We’re just looking for really strong fashion photography that highlights beautiful clothing. That said, if you do want to somehow incorporate “art” into the story, we are specifically NOT interested in any stories that feature body paint or shoots that take place on location at a museum or gallery in front of art.
Please note, these guidelines are for PHOTOGRAPHERS only. If you are a Midwest designer interested in having your clothing/accessories be considered for an editorial shoot. Please submit your info HERE. If you are a model, you need to contact local fashion photographers directly as they are the ones who select which models to photograph for their submissions.
- Preference is given to photographers with strong ties to or living and working in the Midwest, but all entries will be considered.
- Editorial must contain at least 5 different looks (outfits) per model. The clothing should reflect the upcoming season’s trends. As always, the images must convey a cohesive storyline, trend or concept.
- Please submit a low-res PDF with 5-10 example images along with crew credits.
- Submission deadline is Friday, July 6, 2018. Accepted submissions will be notified by July 30.
Some tips to maximize your chances of being selected:
- Use professional models
- Use high end fashion brands and independent designers. Feel free to mix in fast fashion brands, but the story can’t be just fast fashion.
Other things to keep in mind:
If you are accepted for publication, we will ask for the following
- Files must be submitted via a Dropbox link to email@example.com. Folder must be titled: “YOUR NAME, Fall 2018,” or via WeTransfer.
- Submitted files must be retouched hi-res CMYK jpgs, 20 inches @300dpi or approx 8-10MB per file.
- Submission must include a complete list of crew including model agencies. Some common crew credits are as listed here for you
Photography by _____________
Photography assistant _____________
Style by _________________
Hair by _____________
Makeup by _____________
Nails by _______________
Retouched by _____________
Models: First name and first initial of last name of model (agency name)
If there were multiple people helping in any of the roles, use commas to separate their names. ie. Makeup by Sandy Patty, Marie Curie & Emma Thompson
If any of the crew/talent are being repped by a talent agency or a salon, please be sure to include that as well. ie. Hair by Tom Brown (Salon 01)
Please include the clothing credits along with the crew credits as a text editable document (word doc or text file. NO PDF files!) with your proofs. ie. in the same dropbox folder. DO NOT TEXT THE CREDITS!! The credit should list the item and the item brand, (store name where items can be purchased is optional). Please use commas (NOT DASHES OR SEMI-COLONS) to separate the item, from the brand, and the store, and start each new item on a new line.
Like this: Look 1
Mesh top, Alexander McQueen, Nordstrom
Pleated pant, Vivienne Westwood, Nordstrom
Boots, Steve Madden, Macy’sList items the model is wearing from top to bottom, starting from hats, and ending with shoes.
Very important: Rename your files to match each look credit, ie. BobSmithLook1.jpg, BobSmithLook2.jpg, BobSmithLook3.jpg. If you are submitting multiple file options for each look, then the file names should look like this:
BobSmithLook1a.jpg, BobSmithLook1b.jpg…you get the idea.
You will receive digital tears of your shoot once the magazine is launched. If you would like a hard copy of the magazine, don’t forget to include your mailing address along with the crew credit information.