Currently, PATTERN is offering unpaid internships for college students and recent grads for Journalism & Creative writing (with a focus on Fashion, Music and Arts), Graphic Design, Photography (with a focus on Portrait, Product, Fashion & Events), Videography, Event Planning, Project Management/Leadership, Digital & Social Media, Fashion Merchandizing/Styling/Design, Non-profit Management and Marketing/PR.
COVID-19 UPDATE FOR SUMMER 2020 applicants: Currently, as of 3/22 we are still planning on hosting summer interns beginning the week of May 12. Please check this page periodically for updates.
Read about the experiences of past interns HERE!
Upcoming internship dates: Summer (13 weeks, May 12-Aug 13, 2020), Fall (13 weeks, September 1 – Nov 24, 2020), and Winter/Spring (15 weeks, Jan 5 – April 22, 2021).
We are currently accepting summer internship applications. Applications for Fall will open in May 2020.
Requirements: (ie. non-negotiable aspects of your participation!)
- Work onsite at the PATTERN HQ (941 N. Meridian St, Downtown Indianapolis), Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30-5:30p. If you have schedule conflicts with the above days/hours, please apply when you are able to resolve those. We are unable to work around your schedule.
- Have own reliable car, laptop and smart phone (A digital SLR + at least one professional lens if applying for photography/videography internship. We have the lights.)
- 20 hours a week (16 hours onsite; 4 hours remotely or special events)
- Ability to start on the first day of the internship & miss no more than two days of internship
- Ability to attend/participate in events happening on weekends and in the evenings
At the moment we do not have any internships for high school students. We are working on a summer fashion camp for teens. We hope to offer that in 2021. Please keep an eye on this page for updates!
We are a volunteer-operated non-profit and do not have any PAID positions at this time. Please don’t email us if you’re only looking for PAID work.
Please fill out the form below to be considered for an intern position, and include links to your photo, video or design portfolio, or writing samples. Your application will be automatically rejected if you forget to include links to your portfolio. If you’re not familiar with writing a cover letter, this series of articles will get you moving in the right direction.