Currently, PATTERN is offering unpaid internships for college students and recent grads for Journalism & Creative writing (with a focus on Fashion, Music and Arts), Graphic Design, Photography (with a focus on Portrait, Product, Fashion & Events), Videography, Event Planning, Project Management/Leadership, Digital & Social Media, Fashion Merchandizing/Styling, Non-profit Management and Marketing/PR.
Read about the experiences of past interns HERE!
Upcoming internship dates: Fall (12 weeks, September 2 – Nov 26, 2019), and Winter/Spring (15 weeks, Jan 14 – April 30, 2020) and Summer (13 weeks, May 12-Aug 13, 2020)
We are currently accepting spring internship applications. Applications for Summer will open in February 2020.
Requirements: (ie. non-negotiable aspects of your participation!)
- Work onsite at the PATTERN HQ (941 N. Meridian St), Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30-5:30p. If you have schedule conflicts with the above days/hours, please apply when you are able to resolve those. We are unable to work around your schedule.
- Have own reliable car, laptop and smart phone (A digital SLR + at least one professional lens if applying for photography/videography internship. We have the lights.)
- 20 hours a week (16 hours onsite; 4 hours remotely or special events)
- Ability to start on the first day of the internship & miss no more than two days of internship.
- Ability to attend/participate in events happening on weekends and in the evenings
At the moment we do not have any internships for high school students. We are working on a summer fashion camp for teens. We hope to offer that in 2021. Please keep an eye on this page for updates!
We are a volunteer-operated non-profit and do not have any PAID positions at this time. Please don’t email us if you’re only looking for PAID work.
Please fill out the form below to be considered for an intern position, and include links to your photo, video or design portfolio, or writing samples. Your application will be automatically rejected if you forget to include links to your portfolio. If you’re not familiar with writing a cover letter, this series of articles will get you moving in the right direction.