We’re giving Santa a helping hand this year! Every Thursday, our editors are sharing what’s on their wish list – stocking stuffers, dream presents, and more! Whether you prefer to #shoplocal at brick and mortar establishments, or you’re the reigning monarch of online deals, we’re sure you’ll find something for everyone on your list!
I’ll admit: I’m notoriously difficult to shop for, and I’m picky when giving presents. I don’t gravitate towards any one style, and I’m fickle about what goes in my closet, most of which is stocked with what I’d argue are essentials (fur vest, leather leggings, etc.), but not necessarily basics. Coming from a family of seven, Christmas shopping starts pretty early. I hate crowds, which means I avoid everything to do with Black Friday, and I prefer to shop local when possible.
1. Kate Spade ‘Dancing Lenticular’ iPhone 5 case: “Holidays equal cheer…and stress. What better way to always carry the spirit of the season with me than with a dancing phone case?
2. Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in ‘Fiery‘: “The most perfect red I’ve ever worn (and when it comes to red lipstick, I’ve worn a lot!)”
3. Kurt Geiger ‘Dash’ Rucksack: “I walked past a Kurt Geiger every day when I lived in London, and its still one of my favorite digital window shopping destinations. This backpack is super stylish and uber practical, so the cost per wear will definitely justify the price.”
4. Emily Budd Crystal chard and brass statement necklace: “Our Digital Fashion Editor, Savannah Norris brought this and several other of Emily’s pieces to a shoot, and I pounced on it. It’s perfect: the heft, the drop of the chain, the rough texture of the crystals. Lust.”
5. Well-Read Women: Portraits of Fiction’s Most Beloved Heroines, by Samantha Hahn: “Gorgeous watercolor portraits of some of my favorite female characters? Must-have, and a great gift for any bookworms on your list.”
6. Reed Wilson’s ‘Better Stuff’ Doormat: “I bought a house this year, and I’m taking my time finding the perfect (and perfectly-priced) stuff to fill it. Thanks to the great people at places like The Inventorialist, PRINTtEXT, and Midland Arts & Antiques (also some of my favorite places to get amazing gifts!), it’s been a lot of fun. So even though it’s not technically true, I still love this welcome mat: cheeky, and a great conversation starter.”
7. Anthropologie ‘Rochelle’ faux fur jacket: “Is there anything cozier?”
8. People for Urban Progress ‘317’ tee: “Should be mandatory wear for every Hoosier. Super comfy, and you’re supporting a phenomenal local organization.”
9. Commercial Article 01-06: “Beautifully designed and written, with the bonus of being all about lesser-known Indiana design luminaries. I’m giving different ones away as gifts this year – and I’m hoping I’ll find a stack of my own under the tree come Christmas day.”
10. Madison Harding ‘Vigneto’ Velvet Booties: “I first crushed hardcore on the blue velvet version, but given my propensity to wear my footwear hard, the black is much better suited to weather the impromptu dashes across the slushy streets. Between the stacked wooden wedge, the luxe velvety texture, and the perfect almond toe, I’m in l-o-v-e.”
11. J.Crew Resin Arrowhead Earrings: “I’m always pleasantly surprised by J.Crew’s jewelry offerings, and this season is no exception. While I love me a good statement necklace, these earrings sent my heart a-fluttering. The arrowhead is a nice contrast to the sparkle, and really grounds the design. It’s the perfect amount of bling.”
12. Various prints by Patrick McCloskey: “I just love these collages. They’re quirky and colorful, with a kind of dream-like quality that sucks me in (granted, I’m biased – Patrick’s one of loveliest people I know). He already gifted me the Marilyn-esque woman on the swing earlier this year, but I’m itching for several others, in all different sizes.”
13. Coach ‘Legacy Mini Tanner Studded Leather Crossbody’: “I hadn’t paid much attention to Coach – I much preferred what Reed Krakoff’s doing at his synonymous label. But I’m glad my mom bugged me to give them another chance. I’m liking a lot of their designs right now, but my favorite is definitely the Mini Tanner. I love the structured, ladylike shape, but the addition of the gold studs keeps it from being too proper. It’s the perfect size to carry both day to night.”
14. Sugar and Bruno distressed harem pants: “I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect pair of not-quite-sweatpants…and I think I found them. Slouchy, comfy, cool.”