Ruckus, an Indianapolis Makerspace is searching for its first official employee – a Creative Community Developer! Please spread the word!
The Creative Community Developer will lead the implementation of the high quality economic development programming and community outreach for the partnership of the RUCKUS Makerspace. The primary focus of the Developer is to implement programs that support to Indy’s creative industries in the form of business resources, exposure, and advocacy in order to grow Indy’s creative economy.
He or she will also be the directly involved with engagement of the Maker community in Central Indiana for RUCKUS. Critical components of this work are 1.) Building relationships with the creative community, business owners, educational partners and entrepreneurs to support RUCKUS. 2.) Assisting with the development of the RUCKUS facility and programs. Other responsibilities include creative placemaking, business, talent, and program development.
• Assist in the development, launch and startup phase of the RUCKUS Makerspace and other creative placemaking projects to ensure programming needs are fulfilled.
•Assist in the initial development of membership programs including development of subscription/advertising/distribution programs.
• Development of sponsorship opportunities.
• Manage the creative meet-ups and new member outreach (new member inquiries, applications, tours, media inquiries, and emails).
• Assist with community partnerships (Indy Chamber, Business Ownership Initiative, CICF, Pattern, PUP etc.) and developing programs with these partners that support the growth of the creative community.
• Manage project budgets and project based accounting.
• Assist with grant applications, reporting and impact research.
Education and Experience:
• Self-starter, good team leader, very detail oriented and organized. Previous start up experience or experience running a business encouraged. Familar with long hours, resetting direction and business risks/failures. Experience in community building and small business development.
• Degree or equivalent experience in community engagement, development or placemaking
Skills and Abilities:
• Outstanding communication and ability to work in a diverse non-traditional work place
• Must be able to lift 20 lbs, work remotely, have own computer, phone and transportation.
Title: Creative Community Developer
Reports to: Executive Director of Riley Area Development Corporation, RUCKUS Advisory Board
Status Full Time, contract based
Timing June 15, 2015 to June 15, 2016.
Salary $35,000 to $40,000.
RUCKUS Website http://www.indyruckus.com/
Please send resume and cover letter to Eric Strickland firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12. Please put ‘Creative Community Developer Position” in subject line.