The editorial team is working hard to pull together all the details of our Spring 2013 issue! Admittedly, our efforts come in fits and starts because we all have full-time jobs and have to squeeze in brainstorming sessions and email exchanges in between all kinds of other happenings, but it’s challenge that we enjoy tackling!
As you might have seen, we’ve already posted our submission guidelines for our Fashion Editorial and Cover contest. If you’ve not yet read those, you can find them HERE. Understanding though that not everyone has the means to pull together a full-fledged fashion editorial shoot and wanting to be responsive to local designers’ desire to get an even greater representation in Pattern magazine, we’re offering an opportunity specifically targeted to local designers and brands.
We have allocated a number of ad pages which we will give ($1000 value) to the best fashion brand advertisements submitted to us.
When you flip through Vogue or W or most any other fashion publication, you know that those first 15-30 pages are taken up by gorgeous full page ads advertising everything from Chanel to Prada to Marc Jacobs. We are looking for that caliber imagery to feature in the magazine…except from local brands & designers.
Here are the specific requirements:
- The designer/brand needs to be Indiana based
- The brand has to be a fashion brand, whether that’s clothing or accessories.
- A spring 2013 line should be represented
- Finished size of image/ad should be 14 inches x 10.625 inches with bleed margins
- File should be submitted as a low res PDF
- You may submit up to 3 options; One of the options could be a double spread, but you should definitely create a couple one-page options
- Ads can be black & white or color
- Ads can be shot in studio or on location
- The designer’s/brand’s info/logo/website should be clear on the ad, but do keep in mind, less is more.
- Submission deadline is December 21
- Email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Ad submission” & name of brand in title of email
So designers! Start your engines! Call your favorite photographer & model and see if you can make some ad magic happen!
Questions? Please post them here and I’ll do my best to answer them! Hope to see some awesome ads soon!