I’m so thrilled that this year’s Fashion’s Night Out is shaping up to be one with such a great involvement from local retailers, designers and boutiques. Last year, our goal at Pattern was to get the City of Indianapolis to officially endorse the event for the city because we knew that this would galvanize the local community to get more involved! It’s gratifying to see that our efforts have paid off! A huge thank you to former Deputy Mayor, Michael Huber who believed in our vision enough to bring our “demands” to Mayor Ballard and also to the dedicated volunteers, especially Petra Slinkard, Jeremiah Williams, Julia Rutland, Truen Jaimes and Danielle Smith, who have been laboring for weeks to market and promote the event to the rest of the fashion community and the city. And also to Jennifer Jones at Circle Centre Mall!
If you’re just tuning in, love fashion but have never heard of Fashion’s Night Out, you’re in for a treat! FNO was created in 2009 by American Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, NYC & Company, and the City of New York, to celebrate fashion, restore consumer confidence, and boost the industry’s economy during the recession. In other words, FNO happens to be the biggest retail fashion party of the year!
There are several major hotspots around the city where lovers of fashion can go to experience designer showcases, fashion shows, styling advice, food samples, goodie bags, makeovers, and of course, shopping. All events take place on September 6, 6-10p.
- Circle Centre Mall will have food and beverage sampling stations and a Hair Style Stop sponsored by Trade Secret will offer shoppers advice on the latest hair trends. Participating retailers include Banana Republic, Express, and The Gap. Swag bags filled with goodies will be given to the first 200 people who walk into the mall the evening of September 6!
- Pattern is hosting an event at the Artsgarden (sponsored by Kenra Professional and Tricoci University). Local design houses, Affectation, Anton Alexander, Nikki Blaine and Aesthetic Design Style House will show favorite pieces from their collections and discuss their creative process and inspiration. Additional activities will include hair/makeup and nail makeovers courtesy of Tricoci University students, a fall style showcase by stylist DaNisha Greene, a live fashion shoot with photographer Stephen Simonetto featuring model Katherine Gulling wearing a couture creation by designer Angel Olivera and much more! A VIP, invitation-only reception, sponsored by Mass Ave Wine Shoppe, will kickoff the events at the Artsgarden.
- The entire Civic Plaza, its retailers & eateries, at the Indianapolis International Airport are celebrating FNO! The Plaza is also hosting a pop-up shop sponsored by indie label marketing and PR firm Aesthetic Design Style House. ADSH represents several local brands that will be featured at the pop-up shop: House of 5th, Sweet Revenge Lingerie, and Studio NTK. To receive FREE parking at the airport, you must RSVP to email@example.com.
- The Fashion Mall has a number of showcases lined up starting with a fashion show of Fall Trends from Nordstrom at 6:30p and as well as other interactive presentations including Shop the Fashion Mall Closet Challenge and Street Style Chic: Fabulous or Faux Pas? Participating FNO mall retailers include Nordstrom, Tiffany & Co, Anne Taylor, BCBG, Bebe, Cache, Lucky Brand, Madewell and others. Expect to see one-night only discounts, giveways, makeovers and contests.
- Saks 5th Ave will have DJ Slater Hogan spinning tunes, complimentary cocktails by St. Germain. There will also be a fashion presentation at 7pm on the second floor.
- Black Apple Boutique on Mass Ave will host a fashion presentation at 6pm featuring Catou and Lanae Monique Designs, followed by cocktails and a live DJ performance.
- Downtown Zionsville boutiques, Lesley Jane, Lilly’s, Nikki Blaine Couture, and Ballerina’s and Bruisers are are also planning special events.
- In cooperation with Circle Centre Mall, we invited seven local stylists (Latham Hawkins, Zoe Renee, Dlang, Kelly Kruthaupt, Madison Hanulak, Annie Stultz and Savannah Norris) to take over the old Nordstrom windows and create unique displays using both the mall retailers and independent designers. Windows will be revealed on September 6th and be up for the rest of September. Be sure to stop by an check those out and let us know what you think!
- Local men’s style blog, Social Club 19 is hosting a social media lounge at the Artsgarden. Lounge host, Jeremiah Williams and his crew of bloggers, will welcome indie designers and web-based retailers like BlumLux, No Bad Ideas and Sugar & Bruno, as well as report on happenings in the Artsgarden and the mall.
- After you’re done sampling, schmoozing and shopping, and if you still have energy, join the local fashion movers and shakers at the afterparty which will be rocking Hyde at BLU downtown starting at 10pm.
All events are completely free, but every retailer and designer is hopeful that you will generously treat yourself to a whole new fall wardrobe!
For more information about Fashion’s Night Out as a whole, visit www.fashionsnightout.com. For local happenings follow @fnoindy. Use #fnoindy hashtag to ask any questions about FNO events or to share your experiences the day of the event.